Good Manners that Puppies should Learn
Puppies need to socialize, play, interact, and get trained to be friendly pets with good manners that make them one of the adorable pets for kids at home.
Facts about Puppies
- The first phase of learning is when the puppies are 3 weeks old.
- The second phase of learning is when the puppies are 7 to 12 weeks old.
- The third phase of learning is when the puppies are 10 to 12 weeks old. Dog walking is one of the major chores done now. It helps a dog to learn basic social skills and manners.
- The puppies learn to imitate their masters. So, if you are worried, your pet will be nervy.
Teaching Acceptable Manners
- Invite people to visit your home, organize parties, and introduce families with dogs to your pet.
- Organize puppy-parties to introduce your pet to pups of similar age-groups.
- Travel with your pup in cars.
- Take them to public places, such as shops and beaches.
- Get them introduce to the sounds of vehicles, bikes, heavy vehicles, and trains.
- Introduce music, siren, and socialization sound tapes to train pups to accept noise, sounds, and music around them.
- Continue repeating the training chores regularly and frequently.
- Give your pet one name and call your puppy’s name time and again to introduce him to the name and to the voice commands.
- Keep your voice low and friendly instead of shouting as loud pitch sound would aggravate good mannerisms in pets.
Puppies bite, especially when they are teething. If your pet has acquired a habit of biting, follow the given steps:
- Reprimand your dog.
- Act roughly to discourage biting.
- Should or yelp if the dog bites.
- Ignore him if nothing seems to work.